How do I file for unemployment?

Published 04/03/2007 11:37 AM   |    Updated 07/29/2013 10:19 AM

How do I file for unemployment?

A few simple steps for filing your unemployment claim:

Unemployment Claim are filed with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. To apply for unemployment benefits, use Uplink CSS  or go to your nearest full service  WorkOne Center   as soon as you become unemployed. You are required to report your last employer's name, mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment as well as your address, social security number and phone number. 

You may file Weekly Claim Vouchers beginning the following Sunday after filing your new or reopened claim. All benefits paid after  February 11, 2007  are being distributed via the new “Unemployment Insurance Benefit Debit Card.”   Please watch for your card in the mail. Click on the following link for details on the Debit Card Program .

Contact the Department of Workforce Development at 1-800-891-6499;   or email your request for information  or for any other unemployment question or issue.

You may also find additional information on the DWD website at

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.