How can developers utilize IFA's brownfields assistance?

Published 10/09/2007 09:21 AM   |    Updated 04/22/2009 01:30 PM

How can developers utilize IFA's brownfields assistance?

In order to receive the benefit of financial assistance from the Indiana Brownfields Program, a private entity (property owner or developer) must first partner with a local governmental entity on a cleanup and/or redevelopment project.  At this time, private entities are not eligible to directly receive State brownfield funding but, by partnering with a political subdivision such as a city, town, county, or redevelopment authority, private entities that did not cause or contribute to any site contamination, or own and/or operate at the site at the time of disposal of hazardous substances or release of petroleum on the site, can benefit from a Stipulated Assessment Grant, Petroleum Remediation Grant or Low-Interest Loan.  Private entities that are not potentially liable for any site contamination may similarly benefit from a Stipulated Remediation Grant. See


Indiana Finance Authority (IFA)

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.