How do I get a public defender?

Published 10/25/2016 03:49 PM   |    Updated 10/25/2016 03:49 PM
How do I get a public defender?
Trial and direct appeal public defenders are provided for indigent defendants at county expense.  Contact your county public defender office.  If there is not one, contact the court where you have been charged.  Post-conviction relief representation is provided to indigent incarcerated persons by the Indiana State Public Defender, after the indigent inmate files a pro se post-conviction petition.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.