Where do I report public assistance fraud?

Published 10/19/2015 08:44 AM   |    Updated 10/19/2015 08:44 AM
Where do I report public assistance fraud?

The FSSA Chief of Investigations takes all reports where concerned individuals, employees, sub-recipients and contractors wish to report a fraud concern. Reports can be made anonymously, and all reports are kept completely confidential.

If you suspect fraud by a recipient, service provider, health care professional or employee for any of the assistance programs listed below, please contact us at the Fraud Hotline.

  • SNAP (food assistance)
  • Medicaid and other state health care plans
  • TANF (cash assistance)
  • Child Care Development Fund (CCDF)
  • Other FSSA public assistance programs


  • Call Toll Free: 1-800-403-0864. Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    (Select option 2 and then option 6. When prompted, enter your ZIP code)
  • Email: ReportFraud@fssa.IN.gov
  • Mailing Address:
    FSSA Compliance Division
    Room E-414
    402 W. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
  • Fax: 1-317-234-2244
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.