What are some examples of rule violations for which lawyers may be disciplined?
· Not promptly giving you settlement money that your lawyer has collected on your behalf from another source or not providing a complete, written accounting for the settlement money.
· Unreasonably failing to respond to your requests for information, tell you about court dates, or appear in court.
· Being dishonest with you, a third party or a court, or advising you to lie.
· Improperly representing conflicting interests.
· Neglecting your case.
· Settling a case without your permission.Failing to return your papers upon request at the end of your case, provided you have paid fees that are due.