I have a wage issue, where do I go?

Published 01/04/2007 01:06 PM   |    Updated 12/01/2011 08:05 AM

I have a wage issue, where do I go?

If your employer has withheld your last check, has not paid what was due to you or has withheld monies from your check that you did not agree with a complaint will need to be filed with the Indiana Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division or call 317-232-2655.

Note: Final wages must be paid on or before the next regularly scheduled payday on which the employee would have been normally paid had the employee remained employed. (http://www.in.gov/dol/2345.htm#104)

This action will initiate an investigation but the Indiana Department of Labor does not have the authority to make the employer pay you the wages. Resolution will be through legal action, if the employer is not encouraged to take care of the problem through the investigative process. You will need to contact the  County Clerk's Office   to be directed where to file your claim.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.