What is Living a Healthy Life: Enhance Fitness?
In a typical class, you will experience the following:
- Ten to 25 people close to your own level of fitness
- A certified instructor
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to your muscles
- A 20-minute aerobic workout that gets you moving or a walking workout to lively music you and your classmates choose
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretch to keep your muscles flexible
- Balance exercises throughout the class
- Lots of opportunities to make new friends and acquaintances
"Living a Healthy Life: Enhance Fitness" is being implemented throughout the state. Certified instructors are still being trained. To find a class in your area please call your local Area Agency on Aging. The contact information for all sixteen Area Agencies on Aging can be found by clicking here.
For more information, please visit http://www.in.gov./isdh/23966.htm on the Indiana State Department of Health's web site.