How do I file an Assumed Business Name?

Published 08/03/2009 07:50 AM   |    Updated 11/21/2016 08:04 PM
How do I file an Assumed Business Name?

A Corporation doing business in a name other than the name listed on the Articles of Incorporation must file a Certificate of Assumed Business Name with the Office of the Secretary of State; Listed Under Name: Certificate of Assumed Business Name 30353
Less formal organizations;(Sole Proprietorship, General Partnership) do not require filings with state government to come into existence. If, however, the business name does not contain the owner's (owners') name(s), it must be recorded with the Recorder of the county in which the business is located. Registration of a business name does not protect the name from being used by another business. Form: Provided by County Recorder, created by an attorney, or use generic format shown at; 

Questions contact State Information Center @ 800-45-STATEQuestions contact State Information Center @ 800-45-STATE

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.