What sort of information is collected by INSPECT?
An INSPECT report summarizes the controlled substances a patient has been prescribed, the practitioner who prescribed them and the dispensing pharmacy where the patient obtained them. Each time a controlled substance is dispensed, the dispenser is required to submit the following information to INSPECT:
- The recipient's name.
- The recipient's or the recipient representative's identification number or the identification number or phrase designated by the central repository.
- The recipient's date of birth.
- The national drug code number of the controlled substance dispensed.
- The date the controlled substance is dispensed.
- The quantity of the controlled substance dispensed.
- The number of days of supply dispensed.
- The dispenser's United States Drug Enforcement Agency registration number.
- The prescriber's United States Drug Enforcement Agency registration number.
- Patient address information, including city, state and zip code.