Does ISDA have a grant so I can start a farm?

Published 03/30/2009 03:02 PM   |    Updated 07/01/2010 12:20 PM
Does ISDA have a grant so I can start a farm?

No, ISDA does not have a grant to start a farm. However, there are low‐interest loans available. Contact:
U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency (FSA) makes direct and guaranteed farm ownership and operating loans to family‐size farmers and ranchers who cannot obtain commercial credit from a bank, Farm Credit System
institution, or other lender. FSA loans can be used to purchase land, livestock, equipment, feed, seed and supplies.
These loans can also be used to construct buildings or make farm improvements.
To find the contact information for your local Indiana county office visit       You can also contact the Indiana office:
US Department of Agriculture
Indiana Farm Service Agency
5981 Lakeside Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Fax 317-290-3045
For other USDA Service Centers go to:
Small Business Administration (SBA) acts as an advocate for small business interests. Most SBA programs are administered through partnerships with private entities. The SBA has loan guarantee programs available to persons who
have made every effort to obtain a loan through conventional means. SBA does not have grant programs for starting a small business. For more information regarding the SBA, contact:
Small Business Administration
429 North Pennsylvania Street, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1873
317-226-7272, 800-827-5722 (SBA Answer Desk)

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.